AWS Direct Connect
As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect Partner, we are able to connect our colocation, dedicated hosting, managed hosting and cloud hosting customers directly to the AWS cloud and AWS GovCloud, thus providing a direct and private, highly secure connection between the colocated, dedicated and/or cloud environment with us and the AWS cloud. Work with us to maximize your AWS cloud’s advantages, with direct connectivity that is scalable, reliable, and provides local area network like latency.
AWS Direct Connect services are available as follows:
- Port type: shared or dedicated
- Port speed: Gigabit Ethernet (1,000 Mb/s) or 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10,000 Mb/s)
- Service Locations:
- DCA2 (McLean, VA) & DCA3 (Springfield, VA) Data Center located customers can connect to AWS US East (Virginia) region
- SEA2 (Seattle, WA) Data Center located customers can connect to AWS US West (Washington & Oregon) regions
Contact us to find out just how economical Direct Connect to AWS is through HopOne. You’ll be pleasantly surprised to find out that the dedicated AWS DC port/circuit costs not much more than a simple intra-facility cross-connect.
How to get connected via AWS Direct Connect?
- First, decide on the quantity (one or multiple? remember that you can use multiple ports simultaneously for redundancy and added capacity; we will make sure that each port circuit takes a different and redundant path from the other) and size (GigE or 10 GigE) of the ports that you need.
- Second, order the AWS Direct Connect port(s) at the appropriate region (US East (Virginia) or US West (Washington or Oregon)) using your AWS Management Console.
- Third, provide us the AWS issued LOA/CFA (Letter of Authorization / Connecting Facility Assignment) document. It will provide us with all the information we need to get you connected, and will be used as an attachment to your AWS DC Service Order with us.
- Fourth, test and turn-up your AWS Direct Connect port(s). Install timeframe can be as quick as just a few days!
For more information on the AWS Direct Connect service from AWS, please refer to https://aws.amazon.com/directconnect/
For more information on our AWS Direct Connect solutions for our DCA2, DCA3 and SEA2 Data Center located clients, as well as to order your AWS Direct Connect circuits/ports, please contact us.